Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pimpin' Out Other Designers

I've been told that I am 'harming my own potential sales' by directing my readers to other crochet designers..
but, I am the type of person who gives credit where credit is due.

And while I am currently working on two series/styles of doll - and my time is so limited during the summer months (tough with 'the people' - they are at that age where they need almost constant supervision)... why the heck NOT advertise other designers to my readers and followers?
I am confident in my abilities.. and I am confident in the abilities of others - I don't find it necessary to bash others to make myself look better... so why not share what I personally know about other great designers?  

There is a young lady whom I have followed for sometime... mainly because I've got 2 kids who are madly in love with Pokemon'...
Apparently, she's taken the Pokemon' catch phrase of "Gotta Catch em All" and adapted a hooker's sense of uniqueness to it...
"Gotta Hook em All"

To date, OFF THE HOOK's WolfDreamer, has nearly 30 Pokemon' and a whole host of other Gaming Characters for your hooking enjoyment - (Not to mention the adorables  she's got in her Ravelry Shop).
I noticed tonight, that she's completed her latest - Umbreon, which happens to be one of the People's favorite Pokemon.. so guess what I will be doing in my downtime..


Please remember that designers offer free patterns as a courtesy and not a requirement.  You can show your appreciation and support by NOT POSTING gifts to 'share sites' in the hopes of obtaining other patterns - and if you enjoy a designer's work (and there is a donate button), donate a few bucks.  It helps keep the yarn flowing and the creativity alive.
Page Updated on: 22 October 2020


✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦

(¯`·._(_.·´¯`·._.»  Copyright Notice  «._.·´¯`·._)_.·´¯)

Should you wish to share this Information or FiberDoodlesbyK4TT Patterns, please share using an Official FiberDoodlesbyK4TT authorized page 
.
✦⋆✦  RAVERLY  ✦⋆✦  BLOG  ✦⋆✦  ETSY  ✦⋆✦

Permission has NOT be granted to any 3rd Party to re-print, re-post or translate any FiberDoodlesbyK4TT products.

By utilizing any product from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT, whether by clicking over the internet, telephone, facsimile or otherwise, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the FiberDoodlesbyK4TT End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) or qualification.
All patterns are sold in good faith. Every effort has been made to ensure that all instructions are accurate and complete. FiberDoodlesbyK4TT cannot, however, be responsible for human error or variations in individual work.


All patterns released from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT are protected under Federal copyright laws. Reproduction/distribution, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized. This includes, but is not limited to, any form of reproduction or distribution on or through the Internet, including posting, scanning, "Crochet-A-Longs" and/or eMail transmission. 

2 comments:

aseknc said...

I agree! I actually LOVE letting my friends and followers know about other wonderfully creative people. I don't see it as a competition, I see it as camaraderie...we yarn crafters share something. A kindred spirit of sorts, most of us anyway. I also believe that when we bless others with our kindness we get it back in abundance later down the proverbial road.

Be Blessed My Yarny-Friend!
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Erin's Toy Store said...

That you K4tt for that. I love that help direct people to other designers. I too do the same thing as you and Anita. I'm not at all good at blogging though, LOL. But I do suggest other peoples sites all the time. (you being one of my favorites! ^-^ )
Of course along with WolfDreamer, Amigurumi Artist. But like I said my hat is off to you! For sharing you wonderful talent and the talent of others.

YOU ROCK!

HUGS!
Erin

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!